After months of the unpleasant hounding of Thomas Markle Sr and his subsequent speaking out on British television and to the tabloids, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are rumoured to be trying to get back in touch with Meghan's father to put an end to any brewing hostility.
A former royal advisor to Prince Harry - who was an usher over the weekend for close friend Charlie Van Straubenzee's wedding to Daisy Jenks - said the royal couple are reaching out to re-establish contact with the former lighting director.
The ex-aide told The Sunday Times that the royal couple are planning to "get Dad on board", with another former advisor adding: "It's simply not a very elegant solution to cut him off and ignore him."
Meghan - who turned 37 over the weekend - is reportedly heading to the US as she takes a break from royal duties, so perhaps the former actress will visit her father in Mexico where he currently resides?
While Kensington Palace wouldn't disclose personal information about royal family members, a spokesperson for the palace recently confirmed to ELLE UK that "August is traditionally a quiet month in terms of Royal engagements".
Meanwhile, Thomas has previously said the only reason he spoke out to the press in the first place was to defend himself after being maligned by the media as some sort of loner recluse.
"I was silent for a full year and the press beat me up every day saying I was a hermit hiding in Mexico, so I gave my story," he told TMZ.
"Apparently that interview [with TMZ days before the royal wedding] put the royal family in their silence mode... so, I gave another interview to break the silence. All they have to do is speak to me."
We hope that Meghan is able to mend her relationship with her father and they're given privacy to do so.
This story first appeared on ELLEUK.com.
For more Lifestyle, head here. Or check out The Only Birthday Gifts Meghan Markle Is Allowed To Keep Per Royal Policy and Prince Harry Sells Luxury Car Sparking Speculation He's Preparing To Start At Family Soon.