There's nothing like a red carpet, a host of floor-skimming Giambattista dresses and impossibly impeccable hair and make-up to throw your Netflix binge into stark contrast.
Until now. We picked the brains of the man behind everyone from Jessica Chastain and Margot Robbie, to Jennifer Connelly and Naomi Watts' hair, celeb stylist to the stars Renato Campora.
And you know what we found? Every tip and trick to nailing perfect Hollywood waves with almost no effort whatsoever. Because even the A-list need help with their hair.
Read on for Campora's top tips to getting award-winning wavy hair even Jessica Chastain would be jealous of...
What's 2018's update on classic Hollywood waves?
'This year's style is much more natural and modern. I use a barrel tong to curl and set the hair, then brush it out to loosen the curl. That way it stays full and voluminous but also fresh and natural. Avoid using too much hairspray to set the hair - you want it to look lifted but not rigid.'
TOP TIP: Keep one side of your hair in front of your shoulders, and one behind to help frame your face.
Hair accessories are a big deal for 2018 - how do these work with wavy hair?
'I actually prefer not to add too many accessories. A few clips can look nice, but then it can quickly become very retro and outdated. My motto with accessories is less is more. I love luxurious, shiny hair that speaks for itself.'
How To Get Wavy Hair Step By Step
1. Start on damp hair and apply a foundation product such as volumiser with heat protectant.
2. Create a side parting (or your parting of choice) and blow dry the hair with a round brush section by section.
3. Once the hair is dry and smooth, use a 1 inch or 1.25 inch curling iron. The T3 Whirl Convertible Curling Tong has interchangeable barrels so you can really create any look, or size wave, that you want.
4. Once all of the hair is curled, leave it to cool for 5 minutes before brushing the hair from the nape of the neck underneath to the ends of the strands. For the top of the hair you want to start at the ends and work your way up towards the crown, brushing downwards in small sections.
5. To finish, add a light mist of hairspray to keep the hair smooth and shiny. Another option is to spritz a small amount of dry shampoo to add volume and texture.
If you've got textured or curly hair...
The process is the same. Create a smooth base by blow drying the hair straight with a large round brush.
If you've got straight hair or hair that won't hold a curl...
The volumiser product is very, very important because this helps lock in the shape and ensure extra hold. You can also use a smaller size curling iron to form tighter curls which will take longer to fall out. It's crucial to create a good base to maintain the style so it lasts all day or night.
This story first appeared on ELLEUK.com.
For more Beauty, head here. Or check out Kim Kardashian's New Pepto Pink Hair Is Definitely Not A Wig and The French Girl-Inspired Hair Trends That Will Dominate This Year.