Shiny lip colour is fun, but when you want something a little more sophisticated, there’s nothing like a matte lip in a rich colour. But most of us would shy away from this trend because the common perception is that matte lipsticks leave our lips sandpaper-dry.
Well, guess what? Not all matte lippies are made equal. In the list below: Beautiful babies that glide on with creamy textures thanks to ingredients like shea butter and other emollients. They also all have that rich, not-overly-glazed finish that make lips seriously stand out.
Say hello now to supple lips dressed in on-trend mattes!
1. NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Amsterdam, $38.
2. M.A.C Velvetease Lip Pencil in ReddyToGo, $36.
3. Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Rouge Pur Couture #1 Le Rouge, $50.
4. RMK Irresistible Bright Lips 08, $45.
5. 3CE Matte Lip Color in 609 Jammer, $24.
6. Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bad Blood, $33.
7. Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon, $44.
8. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Bacca, $36.
9. Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet La Fascinante, $49.
10. Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte, $33.