We ask the experts at Strip and Browhaus for tips on how to stay smooth and fuzz-free for longer.
- Get a Brazilian wax every three to six weeks.
- Make your appointment two to three days before a big event or beach vacay, especially if it’s your first time.
- Consult your doctor if you’re on medications like Roaccutane, Accutane, RetinA, AHA or Glycolic Acid or vitamin B. These meds can thin out the skin and cause much discomfort or even tearing of the skin.
- Use a fine-grain scrub over the area a week after your wax to prevent ingrown hairs.
- Wax during that time of the month, or even a week before or after. The skin is more sensitive then, and your level of discomfort will be heightened.
- Wear tight clothing, take hot baths, go swimming or sunbathing, and do intensive exercise for at least 24 hours after your wax.
- Wax during the first trimester if you’re pregnant. And do check with your gynae if you wish to continue after.
- Get your IPL treatment done every five to six weeks for best results.
- Moisturise the area being treated as severely dry skin may experience some discomfort.
- Avoid extensive sun exposure for at least four weeks after.
- Apply sunscreen on the area, if exposed, especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Shave the area before going for the treatment as this will not allow your therapist to observe your hair growth pattern. By shaving the area for you, she will know which areas to focus on for the best results.
- Groom your brows every three weeks, or whenever stray hairs start to show.
- Try threading if you prefer a really clean finish as this is able to remove every super fine baby hair.
- Over-tweeze as doing this too often can leave you with too-thin brows.
- Worry about post-tweezing/threading redness; it’s normal. It should subside after a few hours.
- Wear makeup on your brows immediately after a threading session. Wait about two hours to allow the tenderness to go away.