ELLE Beauty Book 2015’s hair expert, Calvin Gan from Hairloom, sheds light on the right way to shampoo and condition your locks:
- Always lather shampoo in your hands before applying it to the crown of your scalp.
- When shampooing, make sure you brush your scalp with the balls of your finger tips and never scratch your scalp with your fingernails. Be sure to rinse off all traces of shampoo from your fingers before applying conditioner.
- Never apply a hair mask or conditioner directly into your scalp.
- If you have an oily scalp, avoid massaging your scalp when shampooing.
- If you have a dry scalp, try to avoid washing your hair with shampoo for too long.