The fourth generation of Korean beauty brand Sulwhasoo’s iconic First Care Activating Serum EX uses an exclusive cocktail of Asian medicinal herbs to restore balance to the skin, keeping it healthy and youthful.
The secret of the First Care Activating Serum EX lies in its unique JAUM Balancing Complex. Sourced from over 3,000 herbs, the final five chosen — peony, rehmannia, sacred lotus, Solomon’s seed and white lily — promise to address the body’s yin deficiency caused by ageing. Skin is nourished and its balance is restored, while cell regeneration is encouraged. The result? A clearer and more luminous complexion over time.
This improved formula is created using a new PRExtract process that increases the content and number of active ingredients for faster and more effective results.
The new lightweight texture is absorbed easily, and the rather prominent ginseng scent found in the previous version is lighter than before, making using the essence a sensorial pleasure. After just one day, skin looks better and less blotchy. Makeup application also sits better, and complexion glows without even a brightening primer.
Other ways to use your favourite serum
- To remove makeup. Dab some First Care Activating Serum EX on a cotton swab to remove eye makeup and even smudged mascara.
- To boost your makeup. Mix three to four pumps of First Care Activating Serum EX with your favourite BB cream to restore balance to the skin while providing even and natural-looking coverage.
- To boost the effectiveness of your bodycare products. Patting some First Care Activating Serum EX around the waist or on the thighs before your stretch mark cream can help lighten the marks faster. Or soak a cotton pad with First Care Activating Serum EX and apply this to areas like your bikini line, where the skin might have darkened from constant waxing or shaving, before applying a brightening essence.
- To soothe dry, flaky skin. Soak a cotton pad with First Care Activating Serum EX, then apply this to the affected area (works especially well on dry cheeks) for 5 minutes for instant relief.
- For healthy, shiny nails. Massage some First Care Activating Serum EX onto your nails. With the tip of your index finger, gently apply pressure on each nail for a few seconds. This helps promote qi circulation while enhancing the natural shine of your nails.
$115. Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum EX is available at all Sulwhasoo counters and the Sulwhasoo Boutique at Capitol Piazza.